The days of being a college-age twenty something are long gone. No longer can I indulge in binging on pizza, chips, sodas, and other food products that bring a smile to my face, but sometimes make me pay for it in the long-run. The reason you might ask? I am a parent now.
Since my kid is a toddler, and she is at that point where she really wants to mimic everything she sees her parents do… I knew I had to change my eating habits. Heck, I even upped the amount of time spent flossing in front of my tot, just to try and get the ball rolling on starting good health habits now.
1. Fage yogurt has been a go-to item for me in the grocery cart, just because I love the flavors of this brand of Greek yogurt. I ate a lot of this brand while pregnant with my little one, coupled with some granola, fresh blueberries, banana slices, or strawberry slices. I think I ate this yogurt about 3 to 4 times a week.
2. Yogurt makes for an inexpensive snack that is packed with a nice dose of vegetarian protein, calcium, and goes great with fruit and cereal, or eaten alone. If the toddler wants a snack, I’m happy to give over a yogurt and not feel guilt. I look over my labels when I can, and have found that Chobani and Fage yogurt have had relatively low amounts of sugar.
3. The texture of Chobani and Fage yogurt are nice and smooth, and the fruit chunks inside, when I do get that type, are easy to go down and adds some fruit to my diet. Ahem, our diet.
4. Yogurt is great for marinades and salads. Tabbouleh salad anyone? Chicken marinated in yogurt and spices before being cooked? Yum. Yum. Yum.
5. Chobani and Fage yogurt are often on sale at my local grocery stores, and for this, I am truly grateful. As a parent, I have to really watch my budget, and every little bit helps. Thank you!
6. If I am craving something a little sweet, but don’t want to indulge in ice cream, Chobani or Fage yogurt does the trick.
7. Chobani and Fage yogurt come in a lot of varieties, are carried at a lot of grocery stores, and help give my diet a portion of calcium, protein, and taste great.
Can you think of any other great reasons to scoop up some Chobani or Fage yogurt today?
If you haven’t tried Greek style yogurt, I am confident you will enjoy the flavor in one of these brands. They have been around for a while. If not, try cooking with yogurt!
Chobani yogurt definitely wins out a little bit more with me, because it is made of NON-GMO ingredients. I do like the flavor of Fage a little better, but sometimes it is a little harder to find at the store…
To Your Health!